Ordinary Time: 25-November-2020Psalm 119:145– 176Zechariah 12:1– 10Ephesians 1:3– 14Luke 19:1– 10
Thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy, 'I dwell in the high and holy place and also with the one who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble and to revive the heart of the contrite.' Isaiah 57:15
Confession of Sin
Let us confess our sins against God and our neighbor.Most merciful God, we confess that we have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We are truly sorry and we humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on us and forgive us; that we may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. AmenThe Invitatory and Psalter Officiant: Lord, open our lips. People: And our mouth shall proclaim your praise Officiant and People: Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen Alleluia
The Invitatory Psalms
The following Antiphon may be sung or said
Venite Psalm 95:1-7
Come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving
and raise a loud shout to him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the caverns of the earth,
and the heights of the hills are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands have molded the dry land.
Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee,
and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
Oh, that today you would hearken to his voice!
The mercy of the Lord is everlasting: Come let us adore him.
(149) Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O LORD, revive me according to Your justice. (150) They draw near who follow after wickedness; They are far from Your law. (151) You are near, O LORD, And all Your commandments are truth. (152) Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.
(153) Consider my affliction and deliver me, For I do not forget Your law. (154) Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Your word. (155) Salvation is far from the wicked, For they do not seek Your statutes. (156) Great are Your tender mercies, O LORD; Revive me according to Your judgments.
(157) Many are my persecutors and my enemies, Yet I do not turn from Your testimonies. (158) I see the treacherous, and am disgusted, Because they do not keep Your word. (159) Consider how I love Your precepts; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness. (160) The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
(161) Princes persecute me without a cause, But my heart stands in awe of Your word. (162) I rejoice at Your word As one who finds great treasure. (163) I hate and abhor lying, But I love Your law. (164) Seven times a day I praise You, Because of Your righteous judgments.
(165) Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. (166) LORD, I hope for Your salvation, And I do Your commandments. (167) My soul keeps Your testimonies, And I love them exceedingly. (168) I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, For all my ways are before You.
(169) Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. (170) Let my supplication come before You; Deliver me according to Your word. (171) My lips shall utter praise, For You teach me Your statutes. (172) My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments are righteousness.
(173) Let Your hand become my help, For I have chosen Your precepts. (174) I long for Your salvation, O LORD, And Your law is my delight. (175) Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; And let Your judgments help me. (176) I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
(5) And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, 'The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength in the LORD of hosts, their God.' (6) In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place -- Jerusalem. (7) The LORD will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah. (8) In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.
(9) It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (10) And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(7) In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (8) which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, (9) having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, (10) that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth -- in Him.
(11) In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, (12) that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. (13) In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, (14) who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, 'Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.' (6) So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. (7) But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, 'He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.' (8) Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, 'Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.'
(9) And Jesus said to him, 'Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; (10) for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.'
The Gospel of the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
V. Show us your mercy, O Lord;
R. And grant us your salvation.
V. Clothe your ministers with righteousness;
R. Let your people sing with joy.
V. Give peace, O Lord, in all the world;
R. For only in you can we live in safety.
V. Lord, keep this nation under your care;
R. And guide us in the way of justice and truth.
V. Let your way be known upon earth;
R. Your saving health among all nations.
V. Let not the needy, O Lord, be forgotten;
R. Nor the hope of the poor be taken away.
V. Create in us clean hearts, O God;
R. And sustain us by your Holy Spirit.
The Collect of the Week: Proper 29 The Sunday closest to November 23
The Collect of the Day: A Collect for Grace (Wed)
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have
brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your
mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome
by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of
your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.A Prayer for Mission:
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.
A Prayer of St. Chrysostom
Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplication to you; and you have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.
Then may be said
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with us all evermore. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14
May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in believing through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Romans 15:13
Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to him from generation to generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21
This concludes the Daily Morning Prayer, Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord