Thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy, 'I dwell in the high and holy place and also with the one who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble and to revive the heart of the contrite.' Isaiah 57:15
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. AmenThe Invitatory and Psalter Lord, open our lips. And our mouth shall proclaim your praise Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen Alleluia
The Invitatory Psalms
The following Antiphon may be sung or said with the Invitatory PsalmThe mercy of the Lord is everlasting: Come let us adore him.
Venite Psalm 95:1-7
Come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving
and raise a loud shout to him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the caverns of the earth,
and the heights of the hills are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands have molded the dry land.
Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee,
and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
Oh, that today you would hearken to his voice!
Psalm Chapter 119
(149) Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O LORD, revive me according to Your justice. (150) They draw near who follow after wickedness; They are far from Your law. (151) You are near, O LORD, And all Your commandments are truth. (152) Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.
(153) Consider my affliction and deliver me, For I do not forget Your law. (154) Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Your word. (155) Salvation is far from the wicked, For they do not seek Your statutes. (156) Great are Your tender mercies, O LORD; Revive me according to Your judgments.
(157) Many are my persecutors and my enemies, Yet I do not turn from Your testimonies. (158) I see the treacherous, and am disgusted, Because they do not keep Your word. (159) Consider how I love Your precepts; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness. (160) The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
(161) Princes persecute me without a cause, But my heart stands in awe of Your word. (162) I rejoice at Your word As one who finds great treasure. (163) I hate and abhor lying, But I love Your law. (164) Seven times a day I praise You, Because of Your righteous judgments.
(165) Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. (166) LORD, I hope for Your salvation, And I do Your commandments. (167) My soul keeps Your testimonies, And I love them exceedingly. (168) I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, For all my ways are before You.
(169) Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. (170) Let my supplication come before You; Deliver me according to Your word. (171) My lips shall utter praise, For You teach me Your statutes. (172) My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments are righteousness.
(173) Let Your hand become my help, For I have chosen Your precepts. (174) I long for Your salvation, O LORD, And Your law is my delight. (175) Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; And let Your judgments help me. (176) I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
Obadiah Chapter 1
(19) The South shall possess the mountains of Esau, And the Lowland shall possess Philistia. They shall possess the fields of Ephraim And the fields of Samaria. Benjamin shall possess Gilead. (20) And the captives of this host of the children of Israel Shall possess the land of the Canaanites As far as Zarephath. The captives of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad Shall possess the cities of the South. (21) Then saviors shall come to Mount Zion To judge the mountains of Esau, And the kingdom shall be the LORD's.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Peter Chapter 2
(5) you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. (6) Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, 'Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.' (7) Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,' (8) and 'A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense.' They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
(9) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (10) who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Matthew Chapter 19
(27) Then Peter answered and said to Him, 'See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?' (28) So Jesus said to them, 'Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (29) And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. (30) But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
The Gospel of the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
?A canticle is a hymn, or other Christian song of praise with lyrics taken from biblical texts