Christ has entered, not into a sanctuary made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Hebrews 9:24
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. (6) Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations. (7) May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him. (8) Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day.
(5) Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. (6) He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. (7) My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. (8) Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah
(9) Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath. (10) Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them. (11) One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, (12) and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.
(24) He shall bathe himself with water in a holy place and put on his regular garments. Then he shall come out and sacrifice the burnt offering for himself and the burnt offering for the people, to make atonement for himself and for the people. (25) He shall also burn the fat of the sin offering on the altar. (26) The man who releases the goat as a scapegoat must wash his clothes and bathe himself with water; afterward he may come into the camp. (27) The bull and the goat for the sin offerings, whose blood was brought into the Most Holy Place to make atonement, must be taken outside the camp; their hides, flesh and offal are to be burned up.
(28) The man who burns them must wash his clothes and bathe himself with water; afterward he may come into the camp. (29) This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: On the tenth day of the seventh month you must deny yourselves and not do any work-- whether native-born or an alien living among you-- (30) because on this day atonement will be made for you, to cleanse you. Then, before the LORD, you will be clean from all your sins. (31) It is a sabbath of rest, and you must deny yourselves; it is a lasting ordinance.
(32) The priest who is anointed and ordained to succeed his father as high priest is to make atonement. He is to put on the sacred linen garments (33) and make atonement for the Most Holy Place, for the Tent of Meeting and the altar, and for the priests and all the people of the community. (34) This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: Atonement is to be made once a year for all the sins of the Israelites.' And it was done, as the LORD commanded Moses.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Thessalonians 5
(5) You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. (6) So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. (7) For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. (8) But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
(9) For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. (10) He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. (11) Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(11) Give us today our daily bread. (12) Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. (13) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' (14) For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
(15) But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Seasonal Collect: Fifth Sunday of Easter
Almighty God, whom truly to know is everlasting life: Grant us so perfectly to know your Son Jesus Christ to be the way,the truth, and the life, that we may steadfastly follow his steps in the way that leads to eternal life; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
O God, you have made of one blood all the peoples of the earth, and sent your blessed Son to preach peace to those who are far off and to those who are near: Grant that people everywhere may seek after you and find you; bring the nations into your fold; pour out your Spirit upon all flesh; and hasten the coming of your kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord