I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth. Isaiah 49:6b
Saint and Major Saints' Days
Their sound has gone out into all lands, and their message to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:4
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Gather My saints together to Me, Those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.' (6) Let the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is Judge. Selah (7) Hear, O My people, and I will speak, O Israel, and I will testify against you; I am God, your God! (8) I will not rebuke you for your sacrifices Or your burnt offerings, Which are continually before Me.
(9) I will not take a bull from your house, Nor goats out of your folds. (10) For every beast of the forest is Mine, And the cattle on a thousand hills. (11) I know all the birds of the mountains, And the wild beasts of the field are Mine. (12) If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.
(13) Will I eat the flesh of bulls, Or drink the blood of goats? (14) Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High. (15) Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.' (16) But to the wicked God says: 'What right have you to declare My statutes, Or take My covenant in your mouth,
(17) Seeing you hate instruction And cast My words behind you? (18) When you saw a thief, you consented with him, And have been a partaker with adulterers. (19) You give your mouth to evil, And your tongue frames deceit. (20) You sit and speak against your brother; You slander your own mother's son.
(21) These things you have done, and I kept silent; You thought that I was altogether like you; But I will rebuke you, And set them in order before your eyes. (22) Now consider this, you who forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, And there be none to deliver: (23) Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; And to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God.'
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
(17) Your sons shall make haste; Your destroyers and those who laid you waste Shall go away from you. (18) Lift up your eyes, look around and see; All these gather together and come to you. As I live,' says the LORD, 'You shall surely clothe yourselves with them all as an ornament, And bind them on you as a bride does. (19) For your waste and desolate places, And the land of your destruction, Will even now be too small for the inhabitants; And those who swallowed you up will be far away. (20) The children you will have, After you have lost the others, Will say again in your ears, 'The place is too small for me; Give me a place where I may dwell.'
(21) Then you will say in your heart, 'Who has begotten these for me, Since I have lost my children and am desolate, A captive, and wandering to and fro? And who has brought these up? There I was, left alone; But these, where were they?' ' (22) Thus says the Lord GOD: 'Behold, I will lift My hand in an oath to the nations, And set up My standard for the peoples; They shall bring your sons in their arms, And your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders; (23) Kings shall be your foster fathers, And their queens your nursing mothers; They shall bow down to you with their faces to the earth, And lick up the dust of your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD, For they shall not be ashamed who wait for Me.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? -- (6) just as Abraham 'believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.' (7) Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. (8) And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, 'In you all the nations shall be blessed.'
(9) So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. (10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.' (11) But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for 'the just shall live by faith.' (12) Yet the law is not of faith, but 'the man who does them shall live by them.'
(13) Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree'), (14) that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(34) And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd. So He began to teach them many things. (35) When the day was now far spent, His disciples came to Him and said, 'This is a deserted place, and already the hour is late. (36) Send them away, that they may go into the surrounding country and villages and buy themselves bread; for they have nothing to eat.' (37) But He answered and said to them, 'You give them something to eat.' And they said to Him, 'Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread and give them something to eat?'
(38) But He said to them, 'How many loaves do you have? Go and see.' And when they found out they said, 'Five, and two fish.' (39) Then He commanded them to make them all sit down in groups on the green grass. (40) So they sat down in ranks, in hundreds and in fifties. (41) And when He had taken the five loaves and the two fish, He looked up to heaven, blessed and broke the loaves, and gave them to His disciples to set before them; and the two fish He divided among them all.
(42) So they all ate and were filled. (43) And they took up twelve baskets full of fragments and of the fish. (44) Now those who had eaten the loaves were about five thousand men. (45) Immediately He made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, to Bethsaida, while He sent the multitude away.
(46) And when He had sent them away, He departed to the mountain to pray.
Seasonal Collect: Third Sunday after the Epiphany
Give us grace, O Lord, to answer readily the call of our Savior Jesus Christ and proclaim to all people the Good News of his salvation, that we and the whole world may perceive the glory of his marvelous works; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord