Christ has entered, not into a sanctuary made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Hebrews 9:24
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Do not lift up your horn on high; Do not speak with a stiff neck.' ' (6) For exaltation comes neither from the east Nor from the west nor from the south. (7) But God is the Judge: He puts down one, And exalts another. (8) For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, And the wine is red; It is fully mixed, and He pours it out; Surely its dregs shall all the wicked of the earth Drain and drink down.
(9) But I will declare forever, I will sing praises to the God of Jacob. (10) All the horns of the wicked I will also cut off, But the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.'
(5) The stouthearted were plundered; They have sunk into their sleep; And none of the mighty men have found the use of their hands. (6) At Your rebuke, O God of Jacob, Both the chariot and horse were cast into a dead sleep. (7) You, Yourself, are to be feared; And who may stand in Your presence When once You are angry? (8) You caused judgment to be heard from heaven; The earth feared and was still,
(9) When God arose to judgment, To deliver all the oppressed of the earth. Selah (10) Surely the wrath of man shall praise You; With the remainder of wrath You shall gird Yourself. (11) Make vows to the LORD your God, and pay them; Let all who are around Him bring presents to Him who ought to be feared. (12) He shall cut off the spirit of princes; He is awesome to the kings of the earth.
(27) Also the tenth day of this seventh month shall be the Day of Atonement. It shall be a holy convocation for you; you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the LORD. (28) And you shall do no work on that same day, for it is the Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the LORD your God. (29) For any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people. (30) And any person who does any work on that same day, that person I will destroy from among his people.
(31) You shall do no manner of work; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. (32) It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict your souls; on the ninth day of the month at evening, from evening to evening, you shall celebrate your sabbath.' (33) Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, (34) Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days to the LORD.
(35) On the first day there shall be a holy convocation. You shall do no customary work on it. (36) For seven days you shall offer an offering made by fire to the LORD. On the eighth day you shall have a holy convocation, and you shall offer an offering made by fire to the LORD. It is a sacred assembly, and you shall do no customary work on it. (37) These are the feasts of the LORD which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire to the LORD, a burnt offering and a grain offering, a sacrifice and drink offerings, everything on its day -- (38) besides the Sabbaths of the LORD, besides your gifts, besides all your vows, and besides all your freewill offerings which you give to the LORD.
(39) Also on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep the feast of the LORD for seven days; on the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest, and on the eighth day a sabbath-rest. (40) And you shall take for yourselves on the first day the fruit of beautiful trees, branches of palm trees, the boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God for seven days. (41) You shall keep it as a feast to the LORD for seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever in your generations. You shall celebrate it in the seventh month. (42) You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths,
(43) that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel dwell in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.' ' (44) So Moses declared to the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
2 Thessalonians 3
(5) Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ. (6) But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us. (7) For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; (8) nor did we eat anyone's bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
(9) not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us. (10) For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. (11) For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. (12) Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.
(13) But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. (14) And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed. (15) Yet do not count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. (16) Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.
(17) The salutation of Paul with my own hand, which is a sign in every epistle; so I write. (18) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(17) Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. (18) A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. (19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. (20) Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
(21) Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Seasonal Collect: Fifth Sunday of Easter
Almighty God, whom truly to know is everlasting life: Grant us so perfectly to know your Son Jesus Christ to be the way,the truth, and the life, that we may steadfastly follow his steps in the way that leads to eternal life; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord