Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Psalm 43:3
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) And the heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD; Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the saints. (6) For who in the heavens can be compared to the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened to the LORD? (7) God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, And to be held in reverence by all those around Him. (8) O LORD God of hosts, Who is mighty like You, O LORD? Your faithfulness also surrounds You.
(9) You rule the raging of the sea; When its waves rise, You still them. (10) You have broken Rahab in pieces, as one who is slain; You have scattered Your enemies with Your mighty arm. (11) The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all its fullness, You have founded them. (12) The north and the south, You have created them; Tabor and Hermon rejoice in Your name.
(13) You have a mighty arm; Strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand. (14) Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Mercy and truth go before Your face. (15) Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O LORD, in the light of Your countenance. (16) In Your name they rejoice all day long, And in Your righteousness they are exalted.
(17) For You are the glory of their strength, And in Your favor our horn is exalted. (18) For our shield belongs to the LORD, And our king to the Holy One of Israel.
(18) In that day I will make a covenant for them With the beasts of the field, With the birds of the air, And with the creeping things of the ground. Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth, To make them lie down safely. (19) I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; (20) I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the LORD. (21) It shall come to pass in that day That I will answer,' says the LORD; 'I will answer the heavens, And they shall answer the earth.
(22) The earth shall answer With grain, With new wine, And with oil; They shall answer Jezreel. (23) Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; Then I will say to those who were not My people, 'You are My people!' And they shall say, 'You are my God!' '
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(21) testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (22) And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, (23) except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. (24) But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
(25) And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. (26) Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. (27) For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. (28) Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
(29) For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. (30) Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. (31) Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears. (32) So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
(33) I have coveted no one's silver or gold or apparel. (34) Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. (35) I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' ' (36) And when he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.
(37) Then they all wept freely, and fell on Paul's neck and kissed him, (38) sorrowing most of all for the words which he spoke, that they would see his face no more. And they accompanied him to the ship.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) But Simon answered and said to Him, 'Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.' (6) And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. (7) So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. (8) When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, 'Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!'
(9) For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken; (10) and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, 'Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men.' (11) So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed Him.
Seasonal Collect: Proper 21 The Sunday closest to September 28
O God, you declare your almighty power chiefly in showing mercy and pity: Grant us the fullness of your grace, that we,running to obtain your promises, may become partakers of your heavenly treasure; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord