Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Psalm 43:3
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful. (6) The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. (7) Return to your rest, O my soul, For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. (8) For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling.
(9) I will walk before the LORD In the land of the living. (10) I believed, therefore I spoke, 'I am greatly afflicted.' (11) I said in my haste, 'All men are liars.' (12) What shall I render to the LORD For all His benefits toward me?
(13) I will take up the cup of salvation, And call upon the name of the LORD. (14) I will pay my vows to the LORD Now in the presence of all His people. (15) Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints. (16) O LORD, truly I am Your servant; I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant; You have loosed my bonds.
(17) I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, And will call upon the name of the LORD. (18) I will pay my vows to the LORD Now in the presence of all His people, (19) In the courts of the LORD's house, In the midst of you, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD!
(5) So King Ahasuerus answered and said to Queen Esther, 'Who is he, and where is he, who would dare presume in his heart to do such a thing?' (6) And Esther said, 'The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman!' So Haman was terrified before the king and queen. (7) Then the king arose in his wrath from the banquet of wine and went into the palace garden; but Haman stood before Queen Esther, pleading for his life, for he saw that evil was determined against him by the king. (8) When the king returned from the palace garden to the place of the banquet of wine, Haman had fallen across the couch where Esther was. Then the king said, 'Will he also assault the queen while I am in the house?' As the word left the king's mouth, they covered Haman's face.
(9) Now Harbonah, one of the eunuchs, said to the king, 'Look! The gallows, fifty cubits high, which Haman made for Mordecai, who spoke good on the king's behalf, is standing at the house of Haman.' Then the king said, 'Hang him on it!' (10) So they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had prepared for Mordecai. Then the king's wrath subsided.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(15) And the evil spirit answered and said, 'Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?' (16) Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. (17) This became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. (18) And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds.
(19) Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver. (20) So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(18) The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; (19) To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.' (20) Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. (21) And He began to say to them, 'Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.'
(22) So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, 'Is this not Joseph's son?' (23) He said to them, 'You will surely say this proverb to Me, 'Physician, heal yourself! Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in Your country.' ' (24) Then He said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own country. (25) But I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a great famine throughout all the land;
(26) but to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath, in the region of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow. (27) And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.' (28) So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, (29) and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff.
(30) Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.
Seasonal Collect: Proper 20 The Sunday closest to September 21
Grant us, Lord, not to be anxious about earthly things, but to love things heavenly; and even now, while we are placed among things that are passing away, to hold fast to those that shall endure; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord