Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Saint and Major Saints' Days
You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God. Ephesians 2:19
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works. (6) Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, And I will declare Your greatness. (7) They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness. (8) The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy.
(9) The LORD is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. (10) All Your works shall praise You, O LORD, And Your saints shall bless You. (11) They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, And talk of Your power, (12) To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, And the glorious majesty of His kingdom.
(13) Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And Your dominion endures throughout all generations. (14) The LORD upholds all who fall, And raises up all who are bowed down. (15) The eyes of all look expectantly to You, And You give them their food in due season. (16) You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
(17) The LORD is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works. (18) The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. (19) He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. (20) The LORD preserves all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy.
(21) My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD, And all flesh shall bless His holy name Forever and ever.
(26) Now the weight of the gold earrings that he requested was one thousand seven hundred shekels of gold, besides the crescent ornaments, pendants, and purple robes which were on the kings of Midian, and besides the chains that were around their camels' necks. (27) Then Gideon made it into an ephod and set it up in his city, Ophrah. And all Israel played the harlot with it there. It became a snare to Gideon and to his house. (28) Thus Midian was subdued before the children of Israel, so that they lifted their heads no more. And the country was quiet for forty years in the days of Gideon. (29) Then Jerubbaal the son of Joash went and dwelt in his own house.
(30) Gideon had seventy sons who were his own offspring, for he had many wives. (31) And his concubine who was in Shechem also bore him a son, whose name he called Abimelech. (32) Now Gideon the son of Joash died at a good old age, and was buried in the tomb of Joash his father, in Ophrah of the Abiezrites. (33) So it was, as soon as Gideon was dead, that the children of Israel again played the harlot with the Baals, and made Baal-Berith their god.
(34) Thus the children of Israel did not remember the LORD their God, who had delivered them from the hands of all their enemies on every side; (35) nor did they show kindness to the house of Jerubbaal (Gideon) in accordance with the good he had done for Israel.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) And it came to pass, on the next day, that their rulers, elders, and scribes, (6) as well as Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the family of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem. (7) And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, 'By what power or by what name have you done this?' (8) Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, 'Rulers of the people and elders of Israel:
(9) If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well, (10) let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. (11) This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' (12) Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(47) Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, 'Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!' (48) Nathanael said to Him, 'How do You know me?' Jesus answered and said to him, 'Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.' (49) Nathanael answered and said to Him, 'Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!' (50) Jesus answered and said to him, 'Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these.'
(51) And He said to him, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.'
Seasonal Collect: Proper 13 The Sunday closest to August 3
Let your continual mercy, O Lord, cleanse and defend your Church, and because it cannot continue in safety without your help, protect and govern it always by your goodness, through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord