If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me, And horror has overwhelmed me. (6) So I said, 'Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. (7) Indeed, I would wander far off, And remain in the wilderness. Selah (8) I would hasten my escape From the windy storm and tempest.'
(9) Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues, For I have seen violence and strife in the city. (10) Day and night they go around it on its walls; Iniquity and trouble are also in the midst of it. (11) Destruction is in its midst; Oppression and deceit do not depart from its streets. (12) For it is not an enemy who reproaches me; Then I could bear it. Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me; Then I could hide from him.
(13) But it was you, a man my equal, My companion and my acquaintance. (14) We took sweet counsel together, And walked to the house of God in the throng. (15) Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell, For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them. (16) As for me, I will call upon God, And the LORD shall save me.
(17) Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice. (18) He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, For there were many against me. (19) God will hear, and afflict them, Even He who abides from of old. Selah Because they do not change, Therefore they do not fear God. (20) He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has broken his covenant.
(21) The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords. (22) Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. (23) But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction; Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; But I will trust in You.
(22) He put the table in the tabernacle of meeting, on the north side of the tabernacle, outside the veil; (23) and he set the bread in order upon it before the LORD, as the LORD had commanded Moses. (24) He put the lampstand in the tabernacle of meeting, across from the table, on the south side of the tabernacle; (25) and he lit the lamps before the LORD, as the LORD had commanded Moses.
(26) He put the gold altar in the tabernacle of meeting in front of the veil; (27) and he burned sweet incense on it, as the LORD had commanded Moses. (28) He hung up the screen at the door of the tabernacle. (29) And he put the altar of burnt offering before the door of the tabernacle of the tent of meeting, and offered upon it the burnt offering and the grain offering, as the LORD had commanded Moses.
(30) He set the laver between the tabernacle of meeting and the altar, and put water there for washing; (31) and Moses, Aaron, and his sons would wash their hands and their feet with water from it. (32) Whenever they went into the tabernacle of meeting, and when they came near the altar, they washed, as the LORD had commanded Moses. (33) And he raised up the court all around the tabernacle and the altar, and hung up the screen of the court gate. So Moses finished the work.
(34) Then the cloud covered the tabernacle of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. (35) And Moses was not able to enter the tabernacle of meeting, because the cloud rested above it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. (36) Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys. (37) But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up.
(38) For the cloud of the LORD was above the tabernacle by day, and fire was over it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Thessalonians 4
(5) not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; (6) that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. (7) For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. (8) Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.
(9) But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; (10) and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; (11) that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, (12) that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(42) Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. (43) You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' (44) But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, (45) that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(46) For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? (47) And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? (48) Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Seasonal Collect: Fourth Sunday of Easter
O God, whose Son Jesus is the good shepherd of your people:Grant that when we hear his voice we may know him who calls us each by name, and follow where he leads; who, with you and the Holy Spirit, lives and reigns, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord