If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered. (6) Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require. (7) Then I said, 'Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me. (8) I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.'
(9) I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness In the great assembly; Indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O LORD, You Yourself know. (10) I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth From the great assembly. (11) Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O LORD; Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me. (12) For innumerable evils have surrounded me; My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up; They are more than the hairs of my head; Therefore my heart fails me.
(13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me; O LORD, make haste to help me! (14) Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion Who seek to destroy my life; Let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor Who wish me evil. (15) Let them be confounded because of their shame, Who say to me, 'Aha, aha!' (16) Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, 'The LORD be magnified!'
(17) But I am poor and needy; Yet the LORD thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God.
(5) He will repay my enemies for their evil. Cut them off in Your truth. (6) I will freely sacrifice to You; I will praise Your name, O LORD, for it is good. (7) For He has delivered me out of all trouble; And my eye has seen its desire upon my enemies.
(22) And you shall observe the Feast of Weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the year's end. (23) Three times in the year all your men shall appear before the Lord, the LORD God of Israel. (24) For I will cast out the nations before you and enlarge your borders; neither will any man covet your land when you go up to appear before the LORD your God three times in the year. (25) You shall not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leaven, nor shall the sacrifice of the Feast of the Passover be left until morning.
(26) The first of the firstfruits of your land you shall bring to the house of the LORD your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk.' (27) Then the LORD said to Moses, 'Write these words, for according to the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.' (28) So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. (29) Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses' hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.
(30) So when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him. (31) Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned to him; and Moses talked with them. (32) Afterward all the children of Israel came near, and he gave them as commandments all that the LORD had spoken with him on Mount Sinai. (33) And when Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil on his face.
(34) But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take the veil off until he came out; and he would come out and speak to the children of Israel whatever he had been commanded. (35) And whenever the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone, then Moses would put the veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with Him.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Thessalonians 3
(5) For this reason, when I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain. (6) But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always have good remembrance of us, greatly desiring to see us, as we also to see you -- (7) therefore, brethren, in all our affliction and distress we were comforted concerning you by your faith. (8) For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.
(9) For what thanks can we render to God for you, for all the joy with which we rejoice for your sake before our God, (10) night and day praying exceedingly that we may see your face and perfect what is lacking in your faith? (11) Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you. (12) And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you,
(13) so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(31) Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.' (32) But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery. (33) Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.' (34) But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
(35) nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. (36) Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. (37) But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
Seasonal Collect: Fourth Sunday of Easter
O God, whose Son Jesus is the good shepherd of your people:Grant that when we hear his voice we may know him who calls us each by name, and follow where he leads; who, with you and the Holy Spirit, lives and reigns, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
O God, you have made of one blood all the peoples of the earth, and sent your blessed Son to preach peace to those who are far off and to those who are near: Grant that people everywhere may seek after you and find you; bring the nations into your fold; pour out your Spirit upon all flesh; and hasten the coming of your kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord