If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(53) Indignation has taken hold of me Because of the wicked, who forsake Your law. (54) Your statutes have been my songs In the house of my pilgrimage. (55) I remember Your name in the night, O LORD, And I keep Your law. (56) This has become mine, Because I kept Your precepts.
(57) You are my portion, O LORD; I have said that I would keep Your words. (58) I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word. (59) I thought about my ways, And turned my feet to Your testimonies. (60) I made haste, and did not delay To keep Your commandments.
(61) The cords of the wicked have bound me, But I have not forgotten Your law. (62) At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You, Because of Your righteous judgments. (63) I am a companion of all who fear You, And of those who keep Your precepts. (64) The earth, O LORD, is full of Your mercy; Teach me Your statutes.
(65) You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word. (66) Teach me good judgment and knowledge, For I believe Your commandments. (67) Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word. (68) You are good, and do good; Teach me Your statutes.
(69) The proud have forged a lie against me, But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart. (70) Their heart is as fat as grease, But I delight in Your law. (71) It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. (72) The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.
(5) For the LORD had said to Moses, 'Say to the children of Israel, 'You are a stiff-necked people. I could come up into your midst in one moment and consume you. Now therefore, take off your ornaments, that I may know what to do to you.' ' (6) So the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments by Mount Horeb. (7) Moses took his tent and pitched it outside the camp, far from the camp, and called it the tabernacle of meeting. And it came to pass that everyone who sought the LORD went out to the tabernacle of meeting which was outside the camp. (8) So it was, whenever Moses went out to the tabernacle, that all the people rose, and each man stood at his tent door and watched Moses until he had gone into the tabernacle.
(9) And it came to pass, when Moses entered the tabernacle, that the pillar of cloud descended and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses. (10) All the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the tabernacle door, and all the people rose and worshiped, each man in his tent door. (11) So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. (12) Then Moses said to the LORD, 'See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people.' But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, 'I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.'
(13) Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.' (14) And He said, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.' (15) Then he said to Him, 'If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. (16) For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.'
(17) So the LORD said to Moses, 'I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.' (18) And he said, 'Please, show me Your glory.' (19) Then He said, 'I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.' (20) But He said, 'You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.'
(21) And the LORD said, 'Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. (22) So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. (23) Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Thessalonians 2
(5) For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness -- God is witness. (6) Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ. (7) But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children. (8) So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
(9) For you remember, brethren, our labor and toil; for laboring night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, we preached to you the gospel of God. (10) You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe; (11) as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children, (12) that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
Seasonal Collect: Fourth Sunday of Easter
O God, whose Son Jesus is the good shepherd of your people:Grant that when we hear his voice we may know him who calls us each by name, and follow where he leads; who, with you and the Holy Spirit, lives and reigns, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord