If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the King's enemies; The peoples fall under You. (6) Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. (7) You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions. (8) All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia, Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.
(9) Kings' daughters are among Your honorable women; At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir. (10) Listen, O daughter, Consider and incline your ear; Forget your own people also, and your father's house; (11) So the King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your Lord, worship Him. (12) And the daughter of Tyre will come with a gift; The rich among the people will seek your favor.
(13) The royal daughter is all glorious within the palace; Her clothing is woven with gold. (14) She shall be brought to the King in robes of many colors; The virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to You. (15) With gladness and rejoicing they shall be brought; They shall enter the King's palace. (16) Instead of Your fathers shall be Your sons, Whom You shall make princes in all the earth.
(17) I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations; Therefore the people shall praise You forever and ever.
(25) Now when Moses saw that the people were unrestrained (for Aaron had not restrained them, to their shame among their enemies), (26) then Moses stood in the entrance of the camp, and said, 'Whoever is on the LORD's side -- come to me.' And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him. (27) And he said to them, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'Let every man put his sword on his side, and go in and out from entrance to entrance throughout the camp, and let every man kill his brother, every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.' ' (28) So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day.
(29) Then Moses said, 'Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, that He may bestow on you a blessing this day, for every man has opposed his son and his brother.' (30) Now it came to pass on the next day that Moses said to the people, 'You have committed a great sin. So now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.' (31) Then Moses returned to the LORD and said, 'Oh, these people have committed a great sin, and have made for themselves a god of gold! (32) Yet now, if You will forgive their sin -- but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written.'
(33) And the LORD said to Moses, 'Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book. (34) Now therefore, go, lead the people to the place of which I have spoken to you. Behold, My Angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit for punishment, I will visit punishment upon them for their sin.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Thessalonians 1
(5) For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake. (6) And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit, (7) so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe. (8) For from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. Your faith toward God has gone out, so that we do not need to say anything.
(9) For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, (10) and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(15) Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. (16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Seasonal Collect: Fourth Sunday of Easter
O God, whose Son Jesus is the good shepherd of your people:Grant that when we hear his voice we may know him who calls us each by name, and follow where he leads; who, with you and the Holy Spirit, lives and reigns, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
O God, you have made of one blood all the peoples of the earth, and sent your blessed Son to preach peace to those who are far off and to those who are near: Grant that people everywhere may seek after you and find you; bring the nations into your fold; pour out your Spirit upon all flesh; and hasten the coming of your kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord