Thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy, 'I dwell in the high and holy place and also with the one who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble and to revive the heart of the contrite.' Isaiah 57:15
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(145) I cry out with my whole heart; Hear me, O LORD! I will keep Your statutes. (146) I cry out to You; Save me, and I will keep Your testimonies. (147) I rise before the dawning of the morning, And cry for help; I hope in Your word. (148) My eyes are awake through the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.
(149) Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; O LORD, revive me according to Your justice. (150) They draw near who follow after wickedness; They are far from Your law. (151) You are near, O LORD, And all Your commandments are truth. (152) Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.
(153) Consider my affliction and deliver me, For I do not forget Your law. (154) Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Your word. (155) Salvation is far from the wicked, For they do not seek Your statutes. (156) Great are Your tender mercies, O LORD; Revive me according to Your judgments.
(157) Many are my persecutors and my enemies, Yet I do not turn from Your testimonies. (158) I see the treacherous, and am disgusted, Because they do not keep Your word. (159) Consider how I love Your precepts; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness. (160) The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.
(161) Princes persecute me without a cause, But my heart stands in awe of Your word. (162) I rejoice at Your word As one who finds great treasure. (163) I hate and abhor lying, But I love Your law. (164) Seven times a day I praise You, Because of Your righteous judgments.
(165) Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble. (166) LORD, I hope for Your salvation, And I do Your commandments. (167) My soul keeps Your testimonies, And I love them exceedingly. (168) I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies, For all my ways are before You.
(169) Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. (170) Let my supplication come before You; Deliver me according to Your word. (171) My lips shall utter praise, For You teach me Your statutes. (172) My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments are righteousness.
(173) Let Your hand become my help, For I have chosen Your precepts. (174) I long for Your salvation, O LORD, And Your law is my delight. (175) Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; And let Your judgments help me. (176) I have gone astray like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments.
(15) For the day of the LORD upon all the nations is near; As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head. (16) For as you drank on my holy mountain, So shall all the nations drink continually; Yes, they shall drink, and swallow, And they shall be as though they had never been. (17) But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, And there shall be holiness; The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. (18) The house of Jacob shall be a fire, And the house of Joseph a flame; But the house of Esau shall be stubble; They shall kindle them and devour them, And no survivor shall remain of the house of Esau,' For the LORD has spoken.
(19) The South shall possess the mountains of Esau, And the Lowland shall possess Philistia. They shall possess the fields of Ephraim And the fields of Samaria. Benjamin shall possess Gilead. (20) And the captives of this host of the children of Israel Shall possess the land of the Canaanites As far as Zarephath. The captives of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad Shall possess the cities of the South. (21) Then saviors shall come to Mount Zion To judge the mountains of Esau, And the kingdom shall be the LORD's.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Peter 2
(1) Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, (2) as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, (3) if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious. (4) Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
(5) you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. (6) Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, 'Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.' (7) Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,' (8) and 'A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense.' They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
(9) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (10) who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(23) Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. (24) And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.' (25) When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, 'Who then can be saved?' (26) But Jesus looked at them and said to them, 'With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'
(27) Then Peter answered and said to Him, 'See, we have left all and followed You. Therefore what shall we have?' (28) So Jesus said to them, 'Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (29) And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. (30) But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
The Collect of the Day: Proper 29 The Sunday closest to November 23
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,   hallowed be thy Name,   thy kingdom come, thy will be done,   on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our trespasses,   as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation,   but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,   and the power, and the glory,  forever and ever. Amen.
The General Thanksgiving
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord