Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Psalm 43:3
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(1) HEAR my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. (2) From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (3) For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. (4) I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah
(5) For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name. (6) You will prolong the king's life, His years as many generations. (7) He shall abide before God forever. Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him! (8) So I will sing praise to Your name forever, That I may daily perform my vows.
(1) Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. (2) He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. (3) How long will you attack a man? You shall be slain, all of you, Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence. (4) They only consult to cast him down from his high position; They delight in lies; They bless with their mouth, But they curse inwardly. Selah
(5) My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. (6) He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. (7) In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. (8) Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
(9) Surely men of low degree are a vapor, Men of high degree are a lie; If they are weighed on the scales, They are altogether lighter than vapor. (10) Do not trust in oppression, Nor vainly hope in robbery; If riches increase, Do not set your heart on them. (11) God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God. (12) Also to You, O Lord, belongs mercy; For You render to each one according to his work.
1 Kings 21
(17) Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying, (18) Arise, go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who lives in Samaria. There he is, in the vineyard of Naboth, where he has gone down to take possession of it. (19) You shall speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the LORD: 'Have you murdered and also taken possession?' ' And you shall speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the LORD: 'In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth, dogs shall lick your blood, even yours.' ' ' (20) So Ahab said to Elijah, 'Have you found me, O my enemy?' And he answered, 'I have found you, because you have sold yourself to do evil in the sight of the LORD:
(21) Behold, I will bring calamity on you. I will take away your posterity, and will cut off from Ahab every male in Israel, both bond and free. (22) I will make your house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah, because of the provocation with which you have provoked Me to anger, and made Israel sin.' (23) And concerning Jezebel the LORD also spoke, saying, 'The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.' (24) The dogs shall eat whoever belongs to Ahab and dies in the city, and the birds of the air shall eat whoever dies in the field.'
(25) But there was no one like Ahab who sold himself to do wickedness in the sight of the LORD, because Jezebel his wife stirred him up. (26) And he behaved very abominably in following idols, according to all that the Amorites had done, whom the LORD had cast out before the children of Israel. (27) So it was, when Ahab heard those words, that he tore his clothes and put sackcloth on his body, and fasted and lay in sackcloth, and went about mourning. (28) And the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,
(29) See how Ahab has humbled himself before Me? Because he has humbled himself before Me, I will not bring the calamity in his days. In the days of his son I will bring the calamity on his house.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Corinthians 1
(20) Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? (21) For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (22) For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; (23) but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,
(24) but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. (25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. (26) For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. (27) But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
(28) and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, (29) that no flesh should glory in His presence. (30) But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God -- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption -- (31) that, as it is written, 'He who glories, let him glory in the LORD.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(12) Now when Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, He departed to Galilee. (13) And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is by the sea, in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali, (14) that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: (15) The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, By the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles:
(16) The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.' (17) From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
The Collect of the Day: Proper 19 The Sunday closest to September 14
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,   hallowed be thy Name,   thy kingdom come, thy will be done,   on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our trespasses,   as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation,   but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,   and the power, and the glory,  forever and ever. Amen.
The General Thanksgiving
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
O God, you have made of one blood all the peoples of the earth, and sent your blessed Son to preach peace to those who are far off and to those who are near: Grant that people everywhere may seek after you and find you; bring the nations into your fold; pour out your Spirit upon all flesh; and hasten the coming of your kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord