Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Saint and Major Saints' Days
We give thanks to the Father, who has made us worthy to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. Colossians 1:12
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) And the heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD; Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the saints. (6) For who in the heavens can be compared to the LORD? Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened to the LORD? (7) God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, And to be held in reverence by all those around Him. (8) O LORD God of hosts, Who is mighty like You, O LORD? Your faithfulness also surrounds You.
(9) You rule the raging of the sea; When its waves rise, You still them. (10) You have broken Rahab in pieces, as one who is slain; You have scattered Your enemies with Your mighty arm. (11) The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all its fullness, You have founded them. (12) The north and the south, You have created them; Tabor and Hermon rejoice in Your name.
(13) You have a mighty arm; Strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand. (14) Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Mercy and truth go before Your face. (15) Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O LORD, in the light of Your countenance. (16) In Your name they rejoice all day long, And in Your righteousness they are exalted.
(17) For You are the glory of their strength, And in Your favor our horn is exalted. (18) For our shield belongs to the LORD, And our king to the Holy One of Israel.
(5) The Gileadites seized the fords of the Jordan before the Ephraimites arrived. And when any Ephraimite who escaped said, 'Let me cross over,' the men of Gilead would say to him, 'Are you an Ephraimite?' If he said, 'No,' (6) then they would say to him, 'Then say, 'Shibboleth'!' And he would say, 'Sibboleth,' for he could not pronounce it right. Then they would take him and kill him at the fords of the Jordan. There fell at that time forty-two thousand Ephraimites. (7) And Jephthah judged Israel six years. Then Jephthah the Gileadite died and was buried in among the cities of Gilead.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(16) Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed. (17) Then the high priest rose up, and all those who were with him (which is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with indignation, (18) and laid their hands on the apostles and put them in the common prison. (19) But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said,
(20) Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.' (21) And when they heard that, they entered the temple early in the morning and taught. But the high priest and those with him came and called the council together, with all the elders of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought. (22) But when the officers came and did not find them in the prison, they returned and reported, (23) saying, 'Indeed we found the prison shut securely, and the guards standing outside before the doors; but when we opened them, we found no one inside!'
(24) Now when the high priest, the captain of the temple, and the chief priests heard these things, they wondered what the outcome would be. (25) So one came and told them, saying, 'Look, the men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!' (26) Then the captain went with the officers and brought them without violence, for they feared the people, lest they should be stoned.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) Jesus answered, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (7) Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' (8) The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.'
(9) Nicodemus answered and said to Him, 'How can these things be?' (10) Jesus answered and said to him, 'Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? (11) Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. (12) If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
(13) No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. (14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, (15) that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (16) For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
(17) For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (18) He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (19) And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (20) For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
(21) But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.'
Seasonal Collect: Proper 14 The Sunday closest to August 10
Grant to us, Lord, we pray, the spirit to think and do always those things that are right, that we, who cannot exist without you, may by you be enabled to live according to your will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord