Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Come and see the works of God; He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men. (6) He turned the sea into dry land; They went through the river on foot. There we will rejoice in Him. (7) He rules by His power forever; His eyes observe the nations; Do not let the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah (8) Oh, bless our God, you peoples! And make the voice of His praise to be heard,
(9) Who keeps our soul among the living, And does not allow our feet to be moved. (10) For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined. (11) You brought us into the net; You laid affliction on our backs. (12) You have caused men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; But You brought us out to rich fulfillment.
(13) I will go into Your house with burnt offerings; I will pay You my vows, (14) Which my lips have uttered And my mouth has spoken when I was in trouble. (15) I will offer You burnt sacrifices of fat animals, With the sweet aroma of rams; I will offer bulls with goats. Selah (16) Come and hear, all you who fear God, And I will declare what He has done for my soul.
(17) I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue. (18) If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear. (19) But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. (20) Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me!
(5) Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You. (6) Then the earth shall yield her increase; God, our own God, shall bless us. (7) God shall bless us, And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.
(5) And so it was, when the people of Ammon made war against Israel, that the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob. (6) Then they said to Jephthah, 'Come and be our commander, that we may fight against the people of Ammon.' (7) So Jephthah said to the elders of Gilead, 'Did you not hate me, and expel me from my father's house? Why have you come to me now when you are in distress?' (8) And the elders of Gilead said to Jephthah, 'That is why we have turned again to you now, that you may go with us and fight against the people of Ammon, and be our head over all the inhabitants of Gilead.'
(9) So Jephthah said to the elders of Gilead, 'If you take me back home to fight against the people of Ammon, and the LORD delivers them to me, shall I be your head?' (10) And the elders of Gilead said to Jephthah, 'The LORD will be a witness between us, if we do not do according to your words.' (11) Then Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them; and Jephthah spoke all his words before the LORD in Mizpah. (29) Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed through Gilead and Manasseh, and passed through Mizpah of Gilead; and from Mizpah of Gilead he advanced toward the people of Ammon. (30) And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, 'If You will indeed deliver the people of Ammon into my hands, (31) then it will be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering.' (32) So Jephthah advanced toward the people of Ammon to fight against them, and the LORD delivered them into his hands.
(33) And he defeated them from Aroer as far as Minnith -- twenty cities -- and to Abel Keramim, with a very great slaughter. Thus the people of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel. (34) When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, there was his daughter, coming out to meet him with timbrels and dancing; and she was his only child. Besides her he had neither son nor daughter. (35) And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he tore his clothes, and said, 'Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low! You are among those who trouble me! For I have given my word to the LORD, and I cannot go back on it.' (36) So she said to him, 'My father, if you have given your word to the LORD, do to me according to what has gone out of your mouth, because the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the people of Ammon.'
(37) Then she said to her father, 'Let this thing be done for me: let me alone for two months, that I may go and wander on the mountains and bewail my virginity, my friends and I.' (38) So he said, 'Go.' And he sent her away for two months; and she went with her friends, and bewailed her virginity on the mountains. (39) And it was so at the end of two months that she returned to her father, and he carried out his vow with her which he had vowed. She knew no man. And it became a custom in Israel (40) that the daughters of Israel went four days each year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
2 Corinthians 11
(25) Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; (26) in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; (27) in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness -- (28) besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.
(29) Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation? (30) If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. (31) The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(39) Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace, be still!' And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. (40) But He said to them, 'Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?' (41) And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, 'Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!'
Seasonal Collect: Proper 14 The Sunday closest to August 10
Grant to us, Lord, we pray, the spirit to think and do always those things that are right, that we, who cannot exist without you, may by you be enabled to live according to your will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord