Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) And of Zion it will be said, 'This one and that one were born in her; And the Most High Himself shall establish her.' (6) The LORD will record, When He registers the peoples: 'This one was born there.' Selah (7) Both the singers and the players on instruments say, 'All my springs are in you.'
(5) You carry them away like a flood; They are like a sleep. In the morning they are like grass which grows up: (6) In the morning it flourishes and grows up; In the evening it is cut down and withers. (7) For we have been consumed by Your anger, And by Your wrath we are terrified. (8) You have set our iniquities before You, Our secret sins in the light of Your countenance.
(9) For all our days have passed away in Your wrath; We finish our years like a sigh. (10) The days of our lives are seventy years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (11) Who knows the power of Your anger? For as the fear of You, so is Your wrath. (12) So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
(13) Return, O LORD! How long? And have compassion on Your servants. (14) Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy, That we may rejoice and be glad all our days! (15) Make us glad according to the days in which You have afflicted us, The years in which we have seen evil. (16) Let Your work appear to Your servants, And Your glory to their children.
(17) And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.
(50) Then Abimelech went to Thebez, and he encamped against Thebez and took it. (51) But there was a strong tower in the city, and all the men and women -- all the people of the city -- fled there and shut themselves in; then they went up to the top of the tower. (52) So Abimelech came as far as the tower and fought against it; and he drew near the door of the tower to burn it with fire. (53) But a certain woman dropped an upper millstone on Abimelech's head and crushed his skull.
(54) Then he called quickly to the young man, his armorbearer, and said to him, 'Draw your sword and kill me, lest men say of me, 'A woman killed him.' ' So his young man thrust him through, and he died. (55) And when the men of Israel saw that Abimelech was dead, they departed, every man to his place. (56) Thus God repaid the wickedness of Abimelech, which he had done to his father by killing his seventy brothers. (57) And all the evil of the men of Shechem God returned on their own heads, and on them came the curse of Jotham the son of Jerubbaal.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(36) And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, (37) having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles' feet. (1) But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. (2) And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles' feet. (3) But Peter said, 'Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? (4) While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.'
(5) Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. (6) And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him. (7) Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. (8) And Peter answered her, 'Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?' She said, 'Yes, for so much.'
(9) Then Peter said to her, 'How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.' (10) Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband. (11) So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(17) Then His disciples remembered that it was written, 'Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.' (18) So the Jews answered and said to Him, 'What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?' (19) Jesus answered and said to them, 'Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.' (20) Then the Jews said, 'It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?'
(21) But He was speaking of the temple of His body. (22) Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said. (23) Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. (24) But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men,
(25) and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
Seasonal Collect: Proper 13 The Sunday closest to August 3
Let your continual mercy, O Lord, cleanse and defend your Church, and because it cannot continue in safety without your help, protect and govern it always by your goodness, through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Lord Jesus Christ, you stretched out your arms of love on the hard wood of the cross that everyone might come within the reach of your saving embrace: So clothe us in your Spirit that we, reaching forth our hands in love, may bring those who do not know you to the knowledge and love of you; for the honor of your Name. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord