Christ has entered, not into a sanctuary made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Hebrews 9:24
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. (6) This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah (7) Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. (8) Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle.
(9) Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. (10) Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah
(5) The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars, Yes, the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon. (6) He makes them also skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox. (7) The voice of the LORD divides the flames of fire. (8) The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness; The LORD shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
(9) The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth, And strips the forests bare; And in His temple everyone says, 'Glory!' (10) The LORD sat enthroned at the Flood, And the LORD sits as King forever. (11) The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.
(5) And Moses said to the congregation, 'This is what the LORD commanded to be done.' (6) Then Moses brought Aaron and his sons and washed them with water. (7) And he put the tunic on him, girded him with the sash, clothed him with the robe, and put the ephod on him; and he girded him with the intricately woven band of the ephod, and with it tied the ephod on him. (8) Then he put the breastplate on him, and he put the Urim and the Thummim in the breastplate.
(9) And he put the turban on his head. Also on the turban, on its front, he put the golden plate, the holy crown, as the LORD had commanded Moses. (10) Also Moses took the anointing oil, and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and consecrated them. (11) He sprinkled some of it on the altar seven times, anointed the altar and all its utensils, and the laver and its base, to consecrate them. (12) And he poured some of the anointing oil on Aaron's head and anointed him, to consecrate him.
(13) Then Moses brought Aaron's sons and put tunics on them, girded them with sashes, and put hats on them, as the LORD had commanded Moses. (30) Then Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood which was on the altar, and sprinkled it on Aaron, on his garments, on his sons, and on the garments of his sons with him; and he consecrated Aaron, his garments, his sons, and the garments of his sons with him. (31) And Moses said to Aaron and his sons, 'Boil the flesh at the door of the tabernacle of meeting, and eat it there with the bread that is in the basket of consecration offerings, as I commanded, saying, 'Aaron and his sons shall eat it.' (32) What remains of the flesh and of the bread you shall burn with fire. (33) And you shall not go outside the door of the tabernacle of meeting for seven days, until the days of your consecration are ended. For seven days he shall consecrate you.
(34) As he has done this day, so the LORD has commanded to do, to make atonement for you. (35) Therefore you shall stay at the door of the tabernacle of meeting day and night for seven days, and keep the charge of the LORD, so that you may not die; for so I have been commanded.' (36) So Aaron and his sons did all the things that the LORD had commanded by the hand of Moses.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: 'My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; (6) For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.' (7) If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? (8) But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
(9) Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? (10) For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. (11) Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (12) Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees,
(13) and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed. (14) Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(20) Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. (21) And He began to say to them, 'Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.' (22) So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, 'Is this not Joseph's son?' (23) He said to them, 'You will surely say this proverb to Me, 'Physician, heal yourself! Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in Your country.' '
(24) Then He said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own country. (25) But I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a great famine throughout all the land; (26) but to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath, in the region of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow. (27) And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.'
(28) So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, (29) and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. (30) Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.
Seasonal Collect: Fifth Sunday of Easter
Almighty God, whom truly to know is everlasting life: Grant us so perfectly to know your Son Jesus Christ to be the way,the truth, and the life, that we may steadfastly follow his steps in the way that leads to eternal life; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord