Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. Isaiah 60:3
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. (6) Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old. (7) Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness' sake, O LORD. (8) Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
(9) The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. (10) All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. (11) For Your name's sake, O LORD, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. (12) Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.
(13) He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth. (14) The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant. (15) My eyes are ever toward the LORD, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. (16) Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted.
(17) The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! (18) Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins. (19) Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred. (20) Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
(21) Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You. (22) Redeem Israel, O God, Out of all their troubles!
(10) And he waited yet another seven days, and again he sent the dove out from the ark. (11) Then the dove came to him in the evening, and behold, a freshly plucked olive leaf was in her mouth; and Noah knew that the waters had receded from the earth. (12) So he waited yet another seven days and sent out the dove, which did not return again to him anymore. (13) And it came to pass in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, that the waters were dried up from the earth; and Noah removed the covering of the ark and looked, and indeed the surface of the ground was dry.
(14) And in the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dried. (15) Then God spoke to Noah, saying, (16) Go out of the ark, you and your wife, and your sons and your sons' wives with you. (17) Bring out with you every living thing of all flesh that is with you: birds and cattle and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, so that they may abound on the earth, and be fruitful and multiply on the earth.'
(18) So Noah went out, and his sons and his wife and his sons' wives with him. (19) Every animal, every creeping thing, every bird, and whatever creeps on the earth, according to their families, went out of the ark. (20) Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. (21) And the LORD smelled a soothing aroma. Then the LORD said in His heart, 'I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.
(22) While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.' (6) As He also says in another place: 'You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek';
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) Jesus answered, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (7) Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' (8) The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.'
(9) Nicodemus answered and said to Him, 'How can these things be?' (10) Jesus answered and said to him, 'Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? (11) Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. (12) If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
(13) No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. (14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, (15) that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
Seasonal Collect: Second Sunday after the Epiphany
Almighty God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ is the light of the world: Grant that your people, illumined by your Word and Sacraments, may shine with the radiance of Christ’s glory, that he may be known, worshiped, and obeyed to the ends of the earth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, now and forever. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord