Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. Isaiah 60:3
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. (6) In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears. (7) Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of the hills also quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry. (8) Smoke went up from His nostrils, And devouring fire from His mouth; Coals were kindled by it.
(9) He bowed the heavens also, and came down With darkness under His feet. (10) And He rode upon a cherub, and flew; He flew upon the wings of the wind. (11) He made darkness His secret place; His canopy around Him was dark waters And thick clouds of the skies. (12) From the brightness before Him, His thick clouds passed with hailstones and coals of fire.
(13) The LORD thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice, Hailstones and coals of fire. (14) He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe, Lightnings in abundance, and He vanquished them. (15) Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O LORD, At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils. (16) He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.
(17) He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me. (18) They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the LORD was my support. (19) He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me. (20) The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
(21) His brother's name was Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute. (22) And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain was Naamah. (23) Then Lamech said to his wives: 'Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man for hurting me. (24) If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.'
(25) And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and named him Seth, 'For God has appointed another seed for me instead of Abel, whom Cain killed.' (26) And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the name of the LORD.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, (6) but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end. (7) Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: 'Today, if you will hear His voice, (8) Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness,
(9) Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. (10) Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.' (11) So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.' '
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(47) Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, 'Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!' (48) Nathanael said to Him, 'How do You know me?' Jesus answered and said to him, 'Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.' (49) Nathanael answered and said to Him, 'Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!' (50) Jesus answered and said to him, 'Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these.'
(51) And He said to him, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.'
Seasonal Collect: First Sunday after the Epiphany: The Baptism of our Lord
Father in heaven, who at the baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan proclaimed him your beloved Son and anointed him with the Holy Spirit: Grant that all who are baptized into his Name may keep the covenant they have made, and boldly confess him as Lord and Savior; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen.
The Lord's Prayer
Personal Prayers and Reflection
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord