--Today is the Holy Day of St. Teresa of Avila--
The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him. Habakkuk 2:20
Saint and Major Saints' Days
Their sound has gone out into all lands, and their message to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:4
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(1) Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. (2) O my soul, you have said to the LORD, 'You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You.' (3) As for the saints who are on the earth, 'They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.' (4) Their sorrows shall be multiplied who hasten after another god; Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer, Nor take up their names on my lips.
(5) O LORD,You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. (6) The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Yes, I have a good inheritance. (7) I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. (8) I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
(9) Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. (10) For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. (11) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(1) Hear a just cause, O LORD, Attend to my cry; Give ear to my prayer which is not from deceitful lips. (2) Let my vindication come from Your presence; Let Your eyes look on the things that are upright. (3) You have tested my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tried me and have found nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. (4) Concerning the works of men, By the word of Your lips, I have kept away from the paths of the destroyer.
(5) Uphold my steps in Your paths, That my footsteps may not slip. (6) I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech. (7) Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You From those who rise up against them. (8) Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
(9) From the wicked who oppress me, From my deadly enemies who surround me. (10) They have closed up their fat hearts; With their mouths they speak proudly. (11) They have now surrounded us in our steps; They have set their eyes, crouching down to the earth, (12) As a lion is eager to tear his prey, And like a young lion lurking in secret places.
(13) Arise, O LORD, Confront him, cast him down; Deliver my life from the wicked with Your sword, (14) With Your hand from men, O LORD, From men of the world who have their portion in this life, And whose belly You fill with Your hidden treasure. They are satisfied with children, And leave the rest of their possession for their babes. (15) As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
(14) Then Zedekiah the king sent and had Jeremiah the prophet brought to him at the third entrance of the house of the LORD. And the king said to Jeremiah, 'I will ask you something. Hide nothing from me.' (15) Jeremiah said to Zedekiah, 'If I declare it to you, will you not surely put me to death? And if I give you advice, you will not listen to me.' (16) So Zedekiah the king swore secretly to Jeremiah, saying, 'As the LORD lives, who made our very souls, I will not put you to death, nor will I give you into the hand of these men who seek your life.' (17) Then Jeremiah said to Zedekiah, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, the God of Israel: 'If you surely surrender to the king of Babylon's princes, then your soul shall live; this city shall not be burned with fire, and you and your house shall live.
(18) But if you do not surrender to the king of Babylon's princes, then this city shall be given into the hand of the Chaldeans; they shall burn it with fire, and you shall not escape from their hand.' ' (19) And Zedekiah the king said to Jeremiah, 'I am afraid of the Jews who have defected to the Chaldeans, lest they deliver me into their hand, and they abuse me.' (20) But Jeremiah said, 'They shall not deliver you. Please, obey the voice of the LORD which I speak to you. So it shall be well with you, and your soul shall live. (21) But if you refuse to surrender, this is the word that the LORD has shown me:
(22) Now behold, all the women who are left in the king of Judah's house shall be surrendered to the king of Babylon's princes, and those women shall say: 'Your close friends have set upon you And prevailed against you; Your feet have sunk in the mire, And they have turned away again.' (23) So they shall surrender all your wives and children to the Chaldeans. You shall not escape from their hand, but shall be taken by the hand of the king of Babylon. And you shall cause this city to be burned with fire.' ' (24) Then Zedekiah said to Jeremiah, 'Let no one know of these words, and you shall not die. (25) But if the princes hear that I have talked with you, and they come to you and say to you, 'Declare to us now what you have said to the king, and also what the king said to you; do not hide it from us, and we will not put you to death,'
(26) then you shall say to them, 'I presented my request before the king, that he would not make me return to Jonathan's house to die there.' ' (27) Then all the princes came to Jeremiah and asked him. And he told them according to all these words that the king had commanded. So they stopped speaking with him, for the conversation had not been heard. (28) Now Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison until the day that Jerusalem was taken. And he was there when Jerusalem was taken.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Corinthians 15
(1) Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, (2) by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you -- unless you believed in vain. (3) For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, (4) and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
(5) and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. (6) After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. (7) After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. (8) Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
(9) For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. (10) But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. (11) Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(1) Now it came to pass, when Jesus finished commanding His twelve disciples, that He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities. (2) And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples (3) and said to Him, 'Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?' (4) Jesus answered and said to them, 'Go and tell John the things which you hear and see:
(5) The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (6) And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.'
The Collect of the Day: Proper 23 The Sunday closest to October 12
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,   hallowed be thy Name,   thy kingdom come, thy will be done,   on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our trespasses,   as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation,   but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,   and the power, and the glory,  forever and ever. Amen.
The General Thanksgiving
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
O God, you have made of one blood all the peoples of the earth, and sent your blessed Son to preach peace to those who are far off and to those who are near: Grant that people everywhere may seek after you and find you; bring the nations into your fold; pour out your Spirit upon all flesh; and hasten the coming of your kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord