The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. Isaiah 40:5
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(1) Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul! (2) While I live I will praise the LORD; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. (3) Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help. (4) His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; In that very day his plans perish.
(5) Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD his God, (6) Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, (7) Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners. (8) The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous.
(9) The LORD watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down. (10) The LORD shall reign forever -- Your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the LORD!
(1) Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. (2) The LORD builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. (3) He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. (4) He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name.
(5) Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. (6) The LORD lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground. (7) Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God, (8) Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains.
(9) He gives to the beast its food, And to the young ravens that cry. (10) He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. (11) The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy. (12) Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
(13) For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your children within you. (14) He makes peace in your borders, And fills you with the finest wheat. (15) He sends out His command to the earth; His word runs very swiftly. (16) He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes;
(17) He casts out His hail like morsels; Who can stand before His cold? (18) He sends out His word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow. (19) He declares His word to Jacob, His statutes and His judgments to Israel. (20) He has not dealt thus with any nation; And as for His judgments, they have not known them. Praise the LORD!
(1) The words of Amos, who was among the sheepbreeders of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, two years before the earthquake. (2) And he said: 'The LORD roars from Zion, And utters His voice from Jerusalem; The pastures of the shepherds mourn, And the top of Carmel withers.' (3) Thus says the LORD: 'For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they have threshed Gilead with implements of iron. (4) But I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, Which shall devour the palaces of Ben-Hadad.
(5) I will also break the gate bar of Damascus, And cut off the inhabitant from the Valley of Aven, And the one who holds the scepter from Beth Eden. The people of Syria shall go captive to Kir,' Says the LORD. (13) Thus says the LORD: 'For three transgressions of the people of Ammon, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they ripped open the women with child in Gilead, That they might enlarge their territory. (14) But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah, And it shall devour its palaces, Amid shouting in the day of battle, And a tempest in the day of the whirlwind. (15) Their king shall go into captivity, He and his princes together,' Says the LORD. (1) Thus says the LORD: 'For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because he burned the bones of the king of Edom to lime. (2) But I will send a fire upon Moab, And it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth; Moab shall die with tumult, With shouting and trumpet sound. (3) And I will cut off the judge from its midst, And slay all its princes with him,' Says the LORD. (4) Thus says the LORD: 'For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they have despised the law of the LORD, And have not kept His commandments. Their lies lead them astray, Lies which their fathers followed.
(5) But I will send a fire upon Judah, And it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.' (6) Thus says the LORD: 'For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they sell the righteous for silver, And the poor for a pair of sandals. (7) They pant after the dust of the earth which is on the head of the poor, And pervert the way of the humble. A man and his father go in to the same girl, To defile My holy name. (8) They lie down by every altar on clothes taken in pledge, And drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Thessalonians 5
(1) But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. (2) For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. (3) For when they say, 'Peace and safety!' then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. (4) But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
(5) You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. (6) Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. (7) For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. (8) But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
(9) For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, (10) who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. (11) Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(5) Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said, (6) These things which you see -- the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down.' (7) So they asked Him, saying, 'Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?' (8) And He said: 'Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them.
(9) But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.' (10) Then He said to them, 'Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. (11) And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. (12) But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake.
(13) But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. (14) Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; (15) for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. (16) You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death.
(17) And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. (18) But not a hair of your head shall be lost. (19) By your patience possess your souls.
The Collect of the Day: First Sunday of Advent
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,   hallowed be thy Name,   thy kingdom come, thy will be done,   on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our trespasses,   as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation,   but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,   and the power, and the glory,  forever and ever. Amen.
The General Thanksgiving
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord