Watch, for you know not when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or in the morning; lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. Mark 13:35, 36
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(5) Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created. (6) He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away. (7) Praise the LORD from the earth, You great sea creatures and all the depths; (8) Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
(9) Mountains and all hills; Fruitful trees and all cedars; (10) Beasts and all cattle; Creeping things and flying fowl; (11) Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth; (12) Both young men and maidens; Old men and children.
(13) Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and heaven. (14) And He has exalted the horn of His people, The praise of all His saints -- Of the children of Israel, A people near to Him. Praise the LORD!
(5) Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds. (6) Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand, (7) To execute vengeance on the nations, And punishments on the peoples; (8) To bind their kings with chains, And their nobles with fetters of iron;
(9) To execute on them the written judgment -- This honor have all His saints. Praise the LORD!
(5) Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals! (6) Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!
(5) Who sing idly to the sound of stringed instruments, And invent for yourselves musical instruments like David; (6) Who drink wine from bowls, And anoint yourselves with the best ointments, But are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph. (7) Therefore they shall now go captive as the first of the captives, And those who recline at banquets shall be removed. (8) The Lord GOD has sworn by Himself, The LORD God of hosts says: 'I abhor the pride of Jacob, And hate his palaces; Therefore I will deliver up the city And all that is in it.'
(9) Then it shall come to pass, that if ten men remain in one house, they shall die. (10) And when a relative of the dead, with one who will burn the bodies, picks up the bodies to take them out of the house, he will say to one inside the house, 'Are there any more with you?' Then someone will say, 'None.' And he will say, 'Hold your tongue! For we dare not mention the name of the LORD.' (11) For behold, the LORD gives a command: He will break the great house into bits, And the little house into pieces. (12) Do horses run on rocks? Does one plow there with oxen? Yet you have turned justice into gall, And the fruit of righteousness into wormwood,
(13) You who rejoice over Lo Debar, Who say, 'Have we not taken Karnaim for ourselves By our own strength?' (14) But, behold, I will raise up a nation against you, O house of Israel,' Says the LORD God of hosts; 'And they will afflict you from the entrance of Hamath To the Valley of the Arabah.'
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
2 Thessalonians 1
(9) These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, (10) when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed. (11) Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, (12) that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(61) But they said to her, 'There is no one among your relatives who is called by this name.' (62) So they made signs to his father -- what he would have him called. (63) And he asked for a writing tablet, and wrote, saying, 'His name is John.' So they all marveled. (64) Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, praising God.
(65) Then fear came on all who dwelt around them; and all these sayings were discussed throughout all the hill country of Judea. (66) And all those who heard them kept them in their hearts, saying, 'What kind of child will this be?' And the hand of the Lord was with him. (67) Now his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying: (68) Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, For He has visited and redeemed His people,
The Collect of the Day: Second Sunday of Advent
Merciful God, who sent your messengers the prophets to preach repentance and prepare the way for our salvation: Give us grace to heed their warnings and forsake our sins, that we may greet with joy the coming of Jesus Christ our Redeemer; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
Personal Prayers and Reflection
The Lord's Prayer
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
Almighty and everlasting God, by whose Spirit the whole body of your faithful people is governed and sanctified: Receive our supplications and prayers which we offer before you for all members of your holy Church, that in their vocation and ministry they may truly and devoutly serve you; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord