Send out your light and your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Psalm 43:3
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(1) Give ear, O my people, to my law; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth. (2) I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old, (3) Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us. (4) We will not hide them from their children, Telling to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.
(5) For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should make them known to their children; (6) That the generation to come might know them, The children who would be born, That they may arise and declare them to their children, (7) That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments; (8) And may not be like their fathers, A stubborn and rebellious generation, A generation that did not set its heart aright, And whose spirit was not faithful to God.
(9) The children of Ephraim, being armed and carrying bows, Turned back in the day of battle. (10) They did not keep the covenant of God; They refused to walk in His law, (11) And forgot His works And His wonders that He had shown them. (12) Marvelous things He did in the sight of their fathers, In the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan.
(13) He divided the sea and caused them to pass through; And He made the waters stand up like a heap. (14) In the daytime also He led them with the cloud, And all the night with a light of fire. (15) He split the rocks in the wilderness, And gave them drink in abundance like the depths. (16) He also brought streams out of the rock, And caused waters to run down like rivers.
(17) But they sinned even more against Him By rebelling against the Most High in the wilderness. (18) And they tested God in their heart By asking for the food of their fancy. (19) Yes, they spoke against God: They said, 'Can God prepare a table in the wilderness? (20) Behold, He struck the rock, So that the waters gushed out, And the streams overflowed. Can He give bread also? Can He provide meat for His people?'
(21) Therefore the LORD heard this and was furious; So a fire was kindled against Jacob, And anger also came up against Israel, (22) Because they did not believe in God, And did not trust in His salvation. (23) Yet He had commanded the clouds above, And opened the doors of heaven, (24) Had rained down manna on them to eat, And given them of the bread of heaven.
(25) Men ate angels' food; He sent them food to the full. (26) He caused an east wind to blow in the heavens; And by His power He brought in the south wind. (27) He also rained meat on them like the dust, Feathered fowl like the sand of the seas; (28) And He let them fall in the midst of their camp, All around their dwellings.
(29) So they ate and were well filled, For He gave them their own desire. (30) They were not deprived of their craving; But while their food was still in their mouths, (31) The wrath of God came against them, And slew the stoutest of them, And struck down the choice men of Israel. (32) In spite of this they still sinned, AND did not believe in His wondrous works.
(33) Therefore their days He consumed in futility, And their years in fear. (34) When He slew them, then they sought Him; And they returned and sought earnestly for God. (35) Then they remembered that God was their rock, And the Most High God their Redeemer. (36) Nevertheless they flattered Him with their mouth, And they lied to Him with their tongue;
(37) For their heart was not steadfast with Him, Nor were they faithful in His covenant. (38) But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, And did not destroy them. Yes, many a time He turned His anger away, And did not stir up all His wrath; (39) For He remembered that they were but flesh, A breath that passes away and does not come again.
2 Kings 5
(19) Then he said to him, 'Go in peace.' So he departed from him a short distance. (20) But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, 'Look, my master has spared Naaman this Syrian, while not receiving from his hands what he brought; but as the LORD lives, I will run after him and take something from him.' (21) So Gehazi pursued Naaman. When Naaman saw him running after him, he got down from the chariot to meet him, and said, 'Is all well?' (22) And he said, 'All is well. My master has sent me, saying, 'Indeed, just now two young men of the sons of the prophets have come to me from the mountains of Ephraim. Please give them a talent of silver and two changes of garments.' '
(23) So Naaman said, 'Please, take two talents.' And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of garments, and handed them to two of his servants; and they carried them on ahead of him. (24) When he came to the citadel, he took them from their hand, and stored them away in the house; then he let the men go, and they departed. (25) Now he went in and stood before his master. Elisha said to him, 'Where did you go, Gehazi?' And he said, 'Your servant did not go anywhere.' (26) Then he said to him, 'Did not my heart go with you when the man turned back from his chariot to meet you? Is it time to receive money and to receive clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and oxen, male and female servants?
(27) Therefore the leprosy of Naaman shall cling to you and your descendants forever.' And he went out from his presence leprous, as white as snow.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
1 Corinthians 5
(1) It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles -- that a man has his father's wife! (2) And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. (3) For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. (4) In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(5) deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. (6) Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? (7) Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. (8) Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(27) You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' (28) But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (29) If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. (30) And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
(31) Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.' (32) But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery. (33) Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.' (34) But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
(35) nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. (36) Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. (37) But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
The Collect of the Day: Proper 20 The Sunday closest to September 21
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,   hallowed be thy Name,   thy kingdom come, thy will be done,   on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our trespasses,   as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation,   but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,   and the power, and the glory,  forever and ever. Amen.
The General Thanksgiving
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
Conclude with following
O God, you have made of one blood all the peoples of the earth, and sent your blessed Son to preach peace to those who are far off and to those who are near: Grant that people everywhere may seek after you and find you; bring the nations into your fold; pour out your Spirit upon all flesh; and hasten the coming of your kingdom; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.This concludes the Daily Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord