Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Confession of Sin Most merciful God,
I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us all our sins through our Lord Jesus Christ, strengthen us in all goodness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit keep us in eternal life. Amen
(1) The LORD reigns, He is clothed with majesty; The LORD is clothed, He has girded Himself with strength. Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved. (2) Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting. (3) The floods have lifted up, O LORD, The floods have lifted up their voice; The floods lift up their waves. (4) The LORD on high is mightier Than the noise of many waters, Than the mighty waves of the sea.
(5) Your testimonies are very sure; Holiness adorns Your house, O LORD, forever.
(1) Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! Sing to the LORD, all the earth. (2) Sing to the LORD, bless His name; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. (3) Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. (4) For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.
(5) For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the LORD made the heavens. (6) Honor and majesty are before Him; Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary. (7) Give to the LORD, O families of the peoples, Give to the LORD glory and strength. (8) Give to the LORD the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
(9) Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth. (10) Say among the nations, 'The LORD reigns; The world also is firmly established, It shall not be moved; He shall judge the peoples righteously.' (11) Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; (12) Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD.
(13) For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth.
2 Samuel 6
(12) Now it was told King David, saying, 'The LORD has blessed the house of Obed-Edom and all that belongs to him, because of the ark of God.' So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with gladness. (13) And so it was, when those bearing the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, that he sacrificed oxen and fatted sheep. (14) Then David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was wearing a linen ephod. (15) So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet.
(16) Now as the ark of the LORD came into the City of David, Michal, Saul's daughter, looked through a window and saw King David leaping and whirling before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart. (17) So they brought the ark of the LORD, and set it in its place in the midst of the tabernacle that David had erected for it. Then David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD. (18) And when David had finished offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts. (19) Then he distributed among all the people, among the whole multitude of Israel, both the women and the men, to everyone a loaf of bread, a piece of meat, and a cake of raisins. So all the people departed, everyone to his house.
(20) Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, 'How glorious was the king of Israel today, uncovering himself today in the eyes of the maids of his servants, as one of the base fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!' (21) So David said to Michal, 'It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. (22) And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor.' (23) Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(7) For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. (8) For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. (9) For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. (10) But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
(11) For it is written: 'As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.' (12) So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
(43) The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, 'Follow Me.' (44) Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. (45) Philip found Nathanael and said to him, 'We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote -- Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.' (46) And Nathanael said to him, 'Can anything good come out of Nazareth?' Philip said to him, 'Come and see.'
(47) Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, 'Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!' (48) Nathanael said to Him, 'How do You know me?' Jesus answered and said to him, 'Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.' (49) Nathanael answered and said to Him, 'Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!' (50) Jesus answered and said to him, 'Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these.'
(51) And He said to him, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.'
The Collect of the Day: Proper 13 The Sunday closest to August 3
Authorized intercessions and thanksgivings may follow.
Consider praying for yourself, your family and friends, lay your burdens on Jesus Christ, intercede for those hurting, pray in tongues when you lack the words.
Before the close of the Office, one or both of the prayers below may be used
The General Thanksgiving
Officiant and People
Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom you have made. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.
A Prayer of St. Chrysostom
Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplication to you; and you have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the midst of them: Fulfill now, O Lord, our desires and petitions as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.
Then may be said
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with us all evermore. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14
May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in believing through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Romans 15:13
Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to him from generation to generation in the Church, and in Christ Jesus forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20,21
This concludes the Daily Morning Prayer
Go in Peace to Love and Serve the Lord